Friday, March 12, 2021

Tribute - Pet Family

 

Sable Feb. 2003 - June 24, 2020

Reviewing all my pet blog posts helps revive some of my best memories of life with multiple pets.  My “kitty girl” crossed to rainbow bridge during the pandemic in 2020 and wanted to tribute her as well on this blog.  Her story is awesome.  We rescued her from a non profit at the time know as “the cat lady”. Luckily she was a very young kitten and as most “ferrel” cats are, my kitty girl was “wild”.  I remember being warned, hold her and don’t let her down outside.  Soon, we learned why.  She literally tried to climb the walls when I put her down in my family room.  It was frightening how scared she was.  Two hours later of quiet time and an isolated area (bathtub and a towel) she was “home”.

Later, diagnosed with FIP, a highly contagious disease, she wasn’t given much hope for a long life.  In fact, she was so young, he recommended euthanasia.  I refused since she wasn’t sick and didn’t appear to be in pain.  I can still remember the vet compassionately saying, just take her home and love her.  

18 years my “girl” was my companion and best friend.  I miss her but cherished the years she would greet me coming home, snuggle with me in my reading chair, and hit the bed when it was time to rest.  She now joins my pet family at 🌈 Rainbow Bridge.  


No comments:

Post a Comment